What a lovely start we had to our Christmas festivities – a huge thank you to all the children, staff, volunteers and all the families who came – you all made our YR Nativity performances very special and memorable – thank you. Last week the children also had a visit from the Peartree Pealers from Purton, a hand bell group, who wowed us all with their skills and played some spell-binding festive tunes. This week we have our YN Nativity tableaus and singing, our School Christmas lunch as well as the FOTF Xmas Discos – plus our FOTF Christmas Raffle tickets are still on sale, with lots of lovely hampers to be won.
• Dates for Term 2
• FOTF News – A reminder re Raffle Time!
• Parent Forum Feedback
• News from St Andrew's Church
• Y2 Swimming Payment Reminder
• Swindon Admissions Consultation
• Things of interest in the community
Dates for Term 2
Any updates will be in red
Term 2 2018/19
Times sent to parents
Nativity tableau and songs by YN – all children and parents of YN children to be invited
4:30 – 5:15 pm (Y1/2/3)
5:45 – 7:00 pm
FOTF Christmas Disco –
Carols by Candlelight - all invited– the aim is for this to be outside unless weather really bad so all will be welcome
Last Day of Term and Christmas Jumper day – will include wearing own Christmas Jumper and making small donation to charity if you wish
22/12 – 6/1/18
Christmas holiday – school closed
FOTF News – It’s Raffle Time
Coming up there is the FOTF School Disco - make sure you have your tickets. The hampers for the Christmas Raffle are looking wonderful – make sure you have your tickets to be in with a chance of winning.
Parent Forum Feedback
The Parents Forum was well attended with 10 parents (thank you to all those who came along), 3 members of SLT and one of our Local Board members. Minutes will be available on the website by the end of term, but a summary of the topics covered is below:-
- · Parents ideas about what skills, attributes and attitudes children leaving our school community should have gained by Year 6; looking forward to reviewing our School Vision – parent ideas for what should be included
- · Parking – lots of discussion and wide ranging ideas – suggestions for concrete bollards; more signage; highlighted need for all to park safely and respectfully and to treat Traffic Marshalls and School staff considerately as they are working to ensure safety of all; approach Crest Nicholson to reinforce no building traffic at drop off and pick up; Drop zone appreciated but acknowledged that some people coming very early and this is blocking the access for staff to get to work and parents who use Lilypad can’t drop off – suggested this was highlighted to everyone and a reminder given that drop zone opens at 8:30 and to respectfully ask drop zone users to not enter the school site or even begin to queue before then on the road, to leave way open for others who need earlier access; discussed suggestions for pick up to be considered by staff and Local Board
- · A variety of Any Other Business (AOB), brought up by parents at Forum, was discussed including approach to learning; impact of new school opening; safety of cyclists and highlighting need for all to wear helmets; reminding parents to check website for updates and curriculum information for each year group as some parents found this very useful; appreciation of the support school gives to families and suggestion that this should be put in blog in case families were needing support and not knowing they could ask; road safety and personal safety knowledge for children
News from St Andrew's Church
Just to remind you our Christmas services start next Sunday 16th December with our traditional Carols by Candlelight service at 6.30pm at St Andrew’s Tadpole Lane SN25 2DW.
If you’d like to bring your children to a Christmas service they may prefer the Children’s Carol Service at 10am on Sunday 23rd at church or the Christingle Service at 4pm on Christmas Eve at Tadpole Farm Academy.
If I don’t see you over the Christmas period, may I wish you a happy and peace-filled Christmas
Revd. Sally Robertson
Y2 Swimming Payment Reminder
Currently we have received only half of swimming fees for term ¾. Just to reminder to Y2 parents, the children will be starting swimming again on January 16th and, we need many more contributions to ensure we do not have to cancel. All details are on Parent Pay.
Consultation from Swindon Admissions Team
We have been asked to pass on the following message to you:-
Swindon Borough Council is consulting upon the processes and arrangements by which children will be admitted to all schools in the normal point of entry for September 2020-21, the Admissions Policies for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools in Swindon for the 2020-21 academic year and in year co-ordinated admissions schemes for 2020-21. These are available at:
The LA is also consulting on the proposed Relevant Area for Admissions for 2020-22 which is proposed to stay the same as it is now, the geographical area of the Borough of Swindon. The consultation on this ends on the 18th December 2018. This is available at:
The following documents are being consulted on and these are available at the links above:
1. Co-ordinated Schemes for 2020-21
2. Admission Arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools 2020-21
3. Proposed catchment areas for 2020-21
4. In Year co-ordinated scheme for 2020-21
5. Proposed Relevant Area 2020-22
To respond to the consultations you can complete the online surveys at:
School Admissions Manager
Swindon Borough Council
Things of interest in the community
Wims11 will be running their after-school football clubs on Tuesdays and Fridays once again for Term 3 & 4.
Tuesday KS2 3.30 – 4.30, Friday KS1 3.30 – 4.30
Please note Reception year begins after the Easter holidays for term 5 & 6 when we can get outside more*
Once again, the class will be mainly outdoor so the children must wear suitable clothing e.g. football boots, shin pads, jumper, tracksuit and lightweight coat if needed. Should the weather be extreme we will be able to go inside so please ensure they have trainers as well. All coaches are UEFA qualified, DBS checked, hold a valid FA Safeguarding and emergency first aid certificate.
The cost will be the reduced price of £3.25 per session.
Tuesday 8th January – Tuesday 2nd April 12 weeks £39
Friday 11th January – Friday 5th April 12 weeks £39
If your child(ren) would like to attend, please complete the form below and return with payment (or confirmation that you have made a BACS transfer) as soon as possible. First come, first served. Please note that we do not accept pay as you go payments and only full term payments are accepted to secure their places.
Payment can be made via bacs to the following account details;
Wims11 Football Academy, HSBC 12254514, Sort 40/43/41 Ref Tadpole/Childslastname
Alternatively, payment can be made with a cheque made payable to Wims11 Football Academy.
Unfortunately, cash will no longer be accepted for our after-school clubs.
Jan/April 2019 WIMS11 at Tadpole Farm After School Football Club – send by email to email@example.com
Child/ren’s Name_______________________________________Year Group __________
My Son/Daughter would like to attend Wims11 football club held on a TUESDAY or FRIDAY (Please circle)
Parent’s signature________________________________Emergency Contact No_________________________
E-mail address for contact by Wims11 Football Academy ___________________________________________
- I enclose cash/CHQ for £39.00 made payable to Wims11 Football Academy
- I have arranged a BACS transfer for £39.00 (Please circle as appropriate)