In this week's newsblog:-
- Thank you for your support
- Sports Day update
- Moving up sessions
- Reminders - no clubs this week; YN Zoo lab contributions; YN last week of Forest School; YR 2016 Parents Meetings; Mrs Smith's last day in YN; Zumba fundraising event this Friday.
Thank you for your support
I would like to say a huge thank you for all the hard work of the FOTF, staff and volunteers from the community who put on an amazing Summer Fayre on Saturday - thank you also to the many of you who came along and supported the Fayre. Despite the odd shower, for which the new gazebo's provided by Crest Nicholson as part of the Community Interest Company's resources proved very useful, we all enjoyed the many different stalls and activities that were available. The final figure is yet to be arrived at but a comment from the committee at the end was that they felt we had raised, with your help, much more than they thought possible- figures will be announced soon - thank you, the new trim trail for your children is one step closer.
Thank you also to all those of you with children in our Hedgehog class who came along and supported the bug picnic last week - the children really enjoyed sharing their learning with you.
Whilst I enjoy the event of Sports Day itself, the run up to the day is one of those things most headteachers dread - constantly looking at weather forecasts and trying to second guess when and if the rain will come! You are invited to join us for Sports Day which, as notified previously, is this coming Tuesday 28th June. Please arrive for 1:45pm and use the gate around the side of the school that leads directly on to the playground. The children will be moving, in class groups, around different activities so please feel free to bring a portable chair if you wish to, as we won't be putting chairs outside. There will be a chance for the parents to take part in an event - it does involve water and I don't just mean the rain, so come prepared. Nursery children, who do not normally come to the afternoon session, are welcome to attend but please let either the School Office or one of the Hedgehog class team know.
The children are used to being outside in all weathers so, if showers are predicted, it's likely we'll go ahead anyway; but if heavier rain is expected then we will make a decision by 10:30 a.m. and let you know by text if the event is being cancelled.
Moving up sessions
The first of our moving up sessions, where our new Reception children visit, our current Receptions move up to Year 1 and our current Year 1's practise being Year 2's, happens this Thursday 30th June. The children will find out which registration groups they are in then and will, I'm sure, let you know.
- no clubs this week - last week was the last week of clubs for this term so all children, unless they are booked in to Lilypad, will need collecting at 3:30 each day until the end of the term - thank you
- YN Zoo lab contributions - if your child is in Hedgehog, Nursery class, and you haven't yet sent in the contribution to the Zoo Lab visitors they are having please send in asap
- YN last week of Forest School - this week is the last week of Forest School for YN - it's group 2's run - names were sent last week - please make sure they have change of clothes in school
- YR 2016 New Parents Meetings - those of you who have children joining YR in September 2016 have a parents meeting full of information about this next step in their learning adventure on Wednesday 29th June 6pm in the school hall
- Mrs Smith's last day in YN - just a reminder as some of you have been asking, Emma Smith's last day before going on maternity leave is this Friday, 1st July.
- Zumba fundraising event this Friday - the next FOTF fundraiser is a Zumba event this Friday 1st July - see posters around school for further details.