Thank you for all your support for our Christmas events this week and last week - your continued support and feedback are much appreciated - especially thank you for those who stuck with us for the Carols by Candlelight event despite a few short rain spells! The children have had a lovely time in this run up to the Christmas period, as have the staff, and we are all looking forward to the holidays. The new term starts on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 and we look forward to seeing you all then and hearing about the children's holidays.
A huge thank you from all the staff for the many gifts, thank yous and good wishes - they are very much appreciated. We all hope you and your family and friends have wonderful Christmas and that it brings you peace, joy and laughter.
In this weeks blog
- Dates for your Diary - Term 3
- Opening of the Drop Zone
- Home Learning over Christmas
- Charity Support Updates
- Absences from School
- Clubs News
- School Admissions for YR 2017
Dates for your Diary - Term 3
Updates in red
Term 3 2016/17
No Staff Training Day – all children back on first day
Children return to school
No Y2 swimming
Clubs on offer for term 3 and 4 will be announced
9/1 – 12/1
Sign up for clubs available
Y2 swimming starts again
Club places announced
Week beginning 16/1
Clubs start this week and will run in weeks beginning 16/1; 23/1; 30/1; no clubs week of 6/2; clubs are on week beginning 20/2; 27/2; no clubs week beginning 6/3 due to parents meetings; clubs are on week beginning 13/3; 20/3; 27/3 – no clubs week of 3/4
All of YR - will be leading worship on value of Truthfulness– parents of children in that class welcome to join us for worship – please note all classes will do this during year
6:00 – 7:30 pm
Parent/Carer Workshop Programme – 3 – Children don’t come with an instruction manual, but if they did then this evening session would be in it!
Sign up sheets for parent/teacher/child meeting sent out – return by Wednesday 1/2 and times allocated by Monday 6/2 (one month in advance of meetings as requested by some of responders to parent survey)
Open invitation to all parents to join us for Friday Celebration Worship –there will be an opportunity to do this once a term in response to parental feedback
6/2 – 8/2
“Show me” sessions –Monday 6/2 classrooms open 3:30 – 5:30; Tuesday 7/2 and Wednesday 8/2 classrooms open 3:30 – 4:30 – for children in YN times are 11:10 for those in morning session and 2:50 for those in afternoon session
Last day of term 3 – school finishes normal time
11/2 – 19/2
February Holiday Break – school closed
Children return to school
As promised early this year, we are going to open the Drop Zone at the front of the school for morning drop off. It will operate as follows:-
1. The Drop Zone, Year 2 Entrance Gate and Side gate (currently used by YN, YR, Y1) will all open from 8:40.
2. Children in YR, Y1 and Y2 may be dropped at the Drop Zone and staff will make sure they go through the school to their classroom. YN should be dropped at YN as usual and you will need to park safely, not in the Drop Zone, to do this.
3. All Y1 and Y2 children, whether parents are using drop zone or not, will go through the Year 2 gate. The Year 1 doors will not be open in the mornings - this is to ensure we have enough staff to operate the drop zone safely. At least one YR, Y1 and Y2 teacher will be supporting the drop zone in the mornings so if you need to see a teacher then there will be someone there for you to see.
4. If using the Drop Zone, you should drive into the drop zone area and your children will need to be ready to leave the car quickly - staff will collect them from the car and see them inside - you can then drive off. This does mean that no-one can park in the drop zone - if you want to give a message to a teacher or the office please park outside the school grounds and walk in.
5. It will mean a queue of cars is likely to form waiting for a space in the drop zone so, if you have been using the car park at the side of school you may want to rethink as the drive through school car park may get congested.
6. To do this safely please can we ask that those of you who have been parking behind the already parked cars opposite the drop zone no longer park there as this area will need to be kept clear.
All parking must be in safe places, not half-up half off the kerb - if you are parked somewhere unsafe then please do not take offence when you are asked to move. We have the safety of all the school community at heart.
We will review the operation of the Drop Zone at the end of term 3.
Home Learning over Christmas
We have not sent home any specific home learning for the holidays as we are sure you and your families have much to do already. We would ask that you keep up with reading; spotting phonics and words in the environment; involving your children in practical maths and encouraging writing of lists, menus, gift tags etc - Tadpole writing style of course!
Charity Support Updates
Thank you for all the support you have given to various charities this term - the Poppy Appeal raised £40.24; Christmas Jumper day raised £95.00 and there were lovely donations for the FoodBank which will help make a positive difference to Christmas for local families.
Absences from School
I have had some enquiries re absences from school following on from publicity in the media about challenges to fines imposed by some Local Authorities. We are required to follow the Government guidelines re absence and would ask that you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail re absence as you can.
As from 1/1/17 WIMS11 Football club are not part of normal school clubs and will run to their own timetables, with them billing you directly. This is similar to the Ballet School who rent out our hall space - both clubs will operate independently of school.
The normal after school clubs will be announced as per the diary above.
School Admissions for YR 2017
If you or someone you knows has a child due to start school in September 2017 then just a reminder that the deadline for admissions is 15th January 2017.